|Position Description||The Candidate will serve as a systems engineer; working in support of Defense Health Agency (DHA) Solution Delivery Division (SDD) Program Support Branch (PSB) Systems Engineering group. As a systems engineer, the individual in this position will actively advise, guide, and collaborate with Military Health System (MHS) program management offices (PMOs) and other DHA and DoD organizations regarding system and software architecture, mobile application infrastructure technologies, system hardware, operating system, middleware, networking, and database technologies, and systems engineering processes and disciplines. Provides technical and engineering support on all facets of system engineering, integration engineering, and designs. Supporting the entire product life cycle, from requirements analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, sustainment and disposal. Participates in technical engineering working groups and integrated product teams. Employs standard processes consistent with ITIL, Lean Six Sigma, CMMI and ITSM. Works individually as required to conduct analyses, trade studies, technology assessments, alternatives analyses, and provides technical support for cost modeling and return on investment (ROI) analyses. Authors technical and engineering white papers, briefings, and technology related documentation. Analyzes problems, issues, and trends individually and as part of an engineering team. Provide engineering insights, advice, recommendations, and support services based on leading technology direction, technology forecasts, and industry best practices. Briefs senior management both internally and externally on engineering product status. Identifies opportunities for technical innovation, and provides technical leadership and support for proposal development activities and support for customer technology initiatives. This position includes support for all current and future Military Health System (MHS) healthcare systems and applications.|
|Desired Experience||Minimum of 12 years experience with a Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, software engineering, or an IT specialty or technical area. Documented contributions and demonstrated capabilities in professional engineering disciplines. Demonstrated experience or knowledge in one or more of the following areas is desirable:
· Understanding and experience with the complete IT systems lifecycle, from requirements through disposal, including design, development, integration, testing, implementation, operations, maintenance, and support (sustainment) phases.
· Systems engineering planning, to include review, update, and generation of a Systems Engineering Plans (SEP) and Life Cycle Sustainment Plans (LCSP), and other acquisition documents as defined in DoDI 5000.02.
· Familiarity and experience with an Agile software development methods and supporting tools.
· Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) principles, strategies, and tools for managing enterprise transformation and application migration.
· Familiarity with mature, structured systems engineering processes and disciplines, including CMMI, Lean Six Sigma, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Information Technology Service Management (ITSM).
· Configuration, Risk, Change, Incident, and Problem Management, and Root Cause analysis processes.
· Network, server, and storage infrastructure, information assurance, and system security in the protection of data at rest, during processing, and in transport.
· Network security, Virtual Private Networks, Ports/Protocols and Services, enclave security boundaries, and familiarity with DoD communications infrastructure.
· DoD Cybersecurity, the Risk Management Framework (RMF), and Continuous Monitoring as defined in DoD Instruction 8510.01.
· Familiarity and an understanding of FISMA, FedRamp, FedRamp+ and the DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide (SRG), as well as the security controls associated with Health IT that processes both Personally Identifyable and Protected Health Information (PII and PHI)
Experience on Federal, DoD, and healthcare-related information systems are highly desired. Experience in the Military Health System with Clinical and/or Theater systems/applications are also highly desired.
|Skills required for the position||Systems engineering and design experience on complex, large-scale, enterprise level, systems; and with experience in Web and Mobile application designs using open standards, Java development environment and with advanced Web and Mobile application and design experience. General systems engineer with a broad spectrum of systems engineering experience across all engineering disciplines—with an emphasis on software architecture and design. Requires the skills to perform critical reviews and analysis and to provide meaningful inputs based on industry best practices and experience—from the enterprise, big-picture perspective. Including skills to provide constructive feedback on systems architecture and design documents—with emphasis on the systems and technical (standards) views. Conduct research on new, innovative technologies and make recommendations based on industry direction, technology maturity, and industry trends in the area of software engineering and software architecture and design. Advanced, highly refined communications skills are required to prepare written documents and briefing materials and to brief senior leadership on technology and related topics. The ability to work independently and as part of an integrated engineering team is critical, along with the ability to rapidly understand the customer environment, apply your knowledge and skills to support their large, complex enterprises systems/solutions.|
|Education/Certification requirements.||Bachelor’s degree and 12 years relevant experience, master’s degree and 10 years of relevant experience, PhD and 8 years of relevant experience, or 14 years of relevant experience. Direct experience and demonstrated expertise in subject matter domain of project required.|
|Work Location||Falls Church, VA (Skyline)|
|U.S. citizen / Perm Resident||U. S. Citizen|
|Security Clearance Level||DoD IT-II, DoD Secret Preferred|
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.